An anesthesiologist salary in India ranges from 12 to 20 Lakhs per year. But keep in mind that this is just an estimate and the actual salary an anesthesiologist may earn can vary widely depending on a variety of factors.
Here are a few factors which decide an anesthesiologist’s salary in India:
Location: An anesthesiologist working in a major city like Mumbai or Delhi may earn a higher salary than one working in a smaller town or rural area.
Experience: An anesthesiologist with more years of experience may earn a higher salary than one with less experience.
Type of employer: An anesthesiologist working in the government sector may earn a different salary than one working in the private sector.
Specialization: An anesthesiologist with additional training or certification in a specific area of anesthesiology may earn a higher salary than one without that training or certification.
Anesthesiologist Salary in India by Top Companies
|Company Name||Average Annual Salary|
|Brunei Shell Petroleum Co||22.5 to 57.5 Lakh rupees|
|Yashoda Hospitals||10.4 to 13.8 Lakh rupees|
|Private Practice||3.1 to 11.7 Lakh rupees|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences||15.3 to 19.6 Lakh rupees|
|Citizens Hospital||10.8 to 13.8 Lakh rupees|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences||6.8 to 8.6 Lakh rupees|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences||0.9 to 1.2 Lakh rupees|
|Amaltas Institute of Medical Sciences||1.8 to 2.3 Lakh rupees|
|Amaltas Institute of Medical Sciences||18.9 to 24.2 Lakh rupees|
|Guru Gobind Singh Hospital||9.2 to 11.7 Lakh rupees|
|Skims||12.6 to 16.1 Lakh rupees|
What Does an Anesthesiologist Do?
An anesthesiologist is a medical doctor who specializes in administering anesthesia and managing pain during surgical procedures and childbirth. They also manage the patient’s vital functions during the procedure and also sometimes in the Intensive Care unit as well. The following are some of the main responsibilities of an anesthesiologist:
- Assessing patients’ medical histories and conducting physical examinations to determine their suitability for anesthesia.
- Consulting with surgeons to determine the appropriate type and dosage of anesthesia for each patient.
- Administering local, regional, or general anesthesia to patients, monitoring their vital signs, and adjusting the anesthesia as needed.
- Managing pain relief during and after surgery, including administering medications and monitoring patients for side effects.
- Staying with patients throughout their procedures to ensure their safety and comfort and responding to any complications that may arise.
- Coordinating with other members of the healthcare team, such as nurses and surgeons, to ensure that the patient receives the best possible care
- Anesthesiologists also work in the critical care environment, such as ICUs, CCUs, and neonatal ICUs, taking care of critically ill patients.
- Anesthesiologists also often have to be available to handle emergency situations, such as providing life support and resuscitation, they play important role in patients’ surgery and recovery.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Around ₹1.0 Lakhs per year (₹8.3k per month).
Ans: Around ₹51.5 Lakhs per year (₹4.3L per month).
Ans: Automobile – ₹55.0 Lakhs per year
Education & Training – ₹13.0 Lakhs per year
Healthcare – ₹8.7 Lakhs per year