Updated November 24, 2022
BSc Non-medical or Bachelor of Science in Non-medical is a three-year undergraduate degree course that involves studying computer systems & their applications with English and other soft skills to improve communication skills & understanding abilities. The course’s main objective is to train the students in computer applications and services and help them become proficient.
The minimum eligibility criteria that must be met by the candidates aspiring to pursue this course include passing out their higher secondary education or an equivalent in the science stream from a recognized educational board with a subject combination of Physics, Chemistry, and Math. Also, they must have an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
The admission procedure for the Bachelor of Science in Non-Medical course varies according to the colleges/institutes candidates decide to attend. The selection of the candidates for the program solely depends on their performance in the relevant entrance exams and merits obtained in the qualifying degree (higher Secondary education or equivalent).
Some top institutes/colleges that offer BSc Non-Medical Course includes DAV College (Chandigarh), Guru Nanak College (Mansa), Lovely Professional University (Jalandhar), Khalsa College (Amritsar), St. Bede’s College (Shimla), etc. The average fee for the course in India ranges from INR 20K to 5 LPA, depending on the college/institute candidates attend.
Major BSc Non-Medical Course Details
The table below presents the key highlights of the BSc Non-Medical Course. So, check out the below to get an overview of the program.
|Bachelor of Science in Non-Medical
|Passing out 12th or equivalent in science stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
|Average Course Fee
|INR 20K to 2 LPA
|Average Initial Salary
|INR 4 to 10 LPA
|Google, Wipro, Amazon, Yahoo, Cipla, etc.
|Top Job Positions
|Computer Application Specialist & Accounts Assistant, Computer System Analyst, Application Developer, Computer Programmer, etc.
B.Sc. Non-Medical Admission Process
The Bachelor of Science in Non-medical course is a 3-year program that mainly focuses on the technological implementation of computer systems, their applications, and services. Numerous recognized and reputed colleges offer this UG course, and getting admission to one of these colleges is very tough because of the competition. The admission procedure for the course is straightforward, but it may vary in different colleges. Admission made to the program is based on either candidate’s performance in the relevant entrance exam or the Merit obtained in their qualifying degree (12th or equivalent). Some essential steps candidates must follow to get admitted to such a college are discussed below.
- Aspiring candidates must ensure that they are fulfilling all the required conditions for the program as prescribed by the respective institutes/ colleges they select to attend.
- Fill up the admission form after meeting all the eligibility criteria and thoroughly checking all the personal information.
- They may have to apply and appear for the entrance test if the colleges they have selected demands it.
- After assessing the academic or entrance test performance, institutes release the list of shortlisted candidates.
- Qualified candidates may be invited for a counseling session, and admission seats are allocated based on their overall performance.
- And finally, the selected candidates must submit the required documents and the admission fee to confirm their admission seats.
B.Sc. in Non-Medical Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to the B.Sc. Non-Medical courses must meet the required conditions for the program. Discussed below are the minimum eligibility criteria for the program that must be met by the aspirants to get admitted into the program.
- Candidates must pass out 12th or an equivalent in the science stream from a recognized educational board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their core subjects.
- They should have also scored the minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their 12th board examination or equivalent. However, candidates of reserved categories (ST/SC) are also relaxed at 5% marks.
- Candidates may also have to clear any national or university entrance examinations, depending on the selection of institutes for the admission.
Popular BSc Non-Medical Entrance Exam
Numerous nationwide and university-level entrance exams are conducted to offer admission to the Bachelor of Science in Non-Medical Courses. So, Candidates must have full knowledge of these exams. Below listed are some most popular entrance tests for the program.
- JET (Jain Entrance Test)
- SUAT (Sharda University Admission Test)
- CUET (Common University Entrance Test)
- NPAT (National Test for Programs After Twelfth)
- BHU UET (Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test)
Top BSc Non-Medical Colleges/Institutes
Colleges/institutes that offer B.Sc. Non-Medical courses in India and abroad are innumerable. Some of the very best colleges/institutes in India help aspirants to pursue excellent BSc Non-Medical careers are listed below.
- DAV College, Amritsar
- ITM University, Gwalior
- Khalsa College, Amritsar
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- St. Bede’s College, Shimla
- Guru Nanak College, Mansa
- Dev Samaj College for Women, Firozpur
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Shanti Devi Arya Mahila College, Gurdaspur
- CMK National Post Graduate Girls College, Sirsa
Bachelor of Science in Non-Medical Syllabus
The syllabus for BSc Non-Medical is designed to provide the students with both theoretical and practical experience in computer science, physics, and chemistry. All major subjects of the non-medical stream are introduced to students, including computer science, physics, chemistry, etc. Additionally, English and other soft skill modules are included in the first-year course curriculum of B.Sc. Non-Medical to help students improve their communication and understanding abilities. Discussed below is the year-wise break-up of the syllabus of the BSc Non-Medical Courses.
Particulars of BSc Non-Medical Syllabus
|General Punjabi (PBC)/History & Culture of Punjab (HCP)
|Environment Studies and Road Safety Education (ENV)
|Chemistry (CHM)/Computer Science (CSC)
|Medical Group: Chemistry (CHM)/Computer Science (CSC), Botany (BOT), Zoology (ZOO)
|Medical Group: Chemistry (CHM)/Computer Science (CSC), Botany (BOT), Zoology (ZOO)
|Non-Medical Group: Physics (PHY), Mathematics (MAT), Chemistry (CHM)/Computer Science (CSC)
Scope after Completing BSc Non-Medical Course
We know there are enormous employment openings in the technology sector today. A BSc Non-Medical graduate has innumerable possibilities and choices because the course integrates various disciplines, including physics, math, chemistry, and computer science, to enhance their skills and abilities. After completing the course, graduates can work as research assistants, clinical research assistants, consultants, analysts, etc. They receive job offers from multiple reputable companies like Google, Yahoo, Dell, HCL, etc., and are offered decent salary packages between INR 4 to 10 lakh per year on average.
BSc Non-Medical Jobs and Career Prospects
The students who opt for Bachelor of Science in Non-Medical courses can easily find jobs in private and public workforces such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, educational institutions, healthcare centers, etc. Some top profiles after completing the program are listed below.
- Lab Chemist
- Technical Writer
- Research Scientist
- Scientific Assistant
- Computer Operator
- Application Developer
Graduates of BSc Non-Medical Salary in India
Fresher B.Sc. Non-Medical graduates in India can be offered an average salary between INR 4 to 10 Lakh Per Annum, depending upon factors like job designation, job sector, job locations, and recruiters. The salary of the graduates increases with the increase of work experience and polishing on skill sets. Discussed below are some job profiles after BSc Non-Medical with average salary trends.
- Lab Chemist:- INR 3 Lakh Per Annum
- Technical Writer:- INR 5 Lakh Per Annum
- Research Scientist:- INR 7 Lakh Per Annum
- Scientific Assistant:- INR 4 Lakh Per Annum
- Computer Operator:- INR 2 Lakh Per Annum
- Application Developer:- INR 5 Lakh Per Annum
FAQs on Bachelor of Science in Non-Medical Course
Ans:- In the Non-medical stream, students have various top options such as Bachelor of Science in Physics, Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Bachelor of Science in Biology, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, etc.
Ans:- No, B.Sc. courses include both Medical and Non-Medical streams. BSc Non-Medical is a 3-year undergraduate program involving a specialized study of subjects and topics related to computer applications and services. Training students in the technological implementation of computer systems is the mainstay of non-medical programs.
Ans:- A BSc Non-Medical graduate has innumerable possibilities and choices because the course integrates various disciplines, including physics, math, chemistry, and computer science, to enhance their skills and talents. After completing the course, graduates can work as research assistants, clinical research assistants, consultants, analysts, etc.
Reads Beyond B.Sc. Non-Medical Under Courses Listing
- MSc Psychology Offers Flooding Career Ops- Check Out!
- Could Graduating with BSc Geography be Truly Rewarding?
- How Alternative Medicine Courses is Changing the Healthcare?
- What Makes Ph.D. Psychology Specialized Course With Great Scope?
- Degree in MSc Home Science is the Most Prominent Program- Check!