Updated October 18, 2022
BBA Honours, full form Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons), is a three-year undergraduate degree course that trains the students in the administration of commercial enterprises. The course comprises six equal semesters of study and offers in-depth knowledge of business administration and management aspects, such as organizational behaviour, financial accounting, etc.
Candidates aspiring to pursue the BB honours Course must have completed their 12th or equivalent in any stream from a recognized board, and they must have scored the minimum of at least 60% marks in their 12th board examination. Admission offered to the course is either based on a common entrance test score or merit obtained by the candidates in their 12th board examination.
The average annual fee charged for the program at different institutions ranges between INR 5,000 to 5 Lakhs per annum. The variation in the program’s fee structure at different institutions depends on the authority and education quality they provide. However, spending this much is worth it because post pursuing the program, the graduates may earn between 5 to 8 lakh per annum.
Highlights of BBA Honours Course
Tabulated below are the highlights of Bachelor in Business administration Program. So, check out below to the B.B.A (Hons) Course at glance.
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons)
|Minimum Educational Qualification
|A minimum score of 60% marks in 12th Board or equivalent level with English as one of the subjects.
|Entranced and Merit-based
|Popular entrance Tests
|DU JAT, SET, NPAT, JSAT, IPU SET
|Annual fee Range
|INR 5,000- 5 Lakhs Per Annum
|Average starting salary
|INR 5 to 8 Lakhs per annum
|Top job Profiles
|Business development executive, Retail manager, Business analyst, Relationship manager, Assistant Accountant, etc.
|Accounting, Finance, Retail Management, Business Analytics, Bank, Consultancy Firms, etc.
|Reliance, Asian paints, Micromax, Tata consultancy services, Accenture, Facebook, HCL, Tech Mahindra, Bajaj, ITC food, DELL, etc.
|Further Study Options
|MBA, MPhil, M.Com, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for BBA Honours
Candidates must meet the specific eligibility criteria to pursue a BBA Honours course from any college or university. The necessary eligibility criterion for the program may differ from college to college. However, mentioned below are followed by most institutes across the country that are offering this course.
- Candidates must have completed the 12th or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognized board with English as one of the subjects.
- They must have scored the minimum aggregate of 60% marks in their 12th board or equivalent examination.
Admission Process of BBA Honours Course
Admission to the BBA Honours course is granted either based on a common entrance test score or 12th board merit of the candidates. The admission process of the program is mostly the same across all institutes in India that offer this course. Mentioned below is a brief description of the different admission process.
- Aspirants are required to apply and appear for the entrance test of the institutes they have chosen after checking the necessary criterion of eligibility.
- Post conducting the entrance test, the institutions release the list of shortlisted candidates and invite them for further admission process, including group discussions and personal interviews.
- And finally, allocate the admission seats to the candidates. Once done with these processes, candidates must deposit the course fee for registering for the respective academic year.
- Aspirants are required to apply for admission to colleges of their choice after checking the eligibility criterion.
- In due course of time, the institutes release the cut off list and candidates who make it to the cut off list are allotted admission seats.
- And finally, the selected candidates must deposit the course fee for registering for the respective academic year.
Popular Entrance Exams for BBA Honours
Most institutes grant admission to the program based on the scores of entrance exams. Some of the popular entrance tests for admission to the program are listed below.
- SET- Symbiosis Entrance Test
- JSAT- Jindal Scholastic Aptitude Test
- DU JAT- Delhi University Joint Admission Test
- NPAT- National Test for Programs After Twelfth
- IPU CET- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
Top BBA Honours Colleges in India
Colleges across the country that offer the BBA Honours course are in healthy number. The lists below are some of the top colleges offering Bachelor in Business Administration (Hons) degree programs.
- Patna College, Bihar
- CMR University, Karnataka
- Ganpat University, Gujarat
- Reva University, Karnataka
- Marwadi University, Gujarat
- GLA University, Uttar Pradesh
- OP Jindal Global University, Haryana
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab
- SRMS International Business School, Uttar Pradesh
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Uttar Pradesh
Bachelor in Business Administration (Hons) Syllabus
Bachelor in Business Administration (Hons) is three years degree course divided into six semesters of study. The syllabus of the course comprises various essential subjects and topics. Tabulated below is a year-wise breakup of the BBA (Hons) Program.
Particulars of BBA Honours Syllabus
|Computer Fundamentals and Applications
|Management Process and Organizational Behavior
|Human Resource Management
|Management Information System
|Production and Materials Management
|Small enterprise management
Bachelor in Business Administration Scope
It is an era where thousands of new firms emerge every day, creating vast demands for graduates with Business administration backgrounds. Today everyone is an entrepreneur and has creative business ideas, and BBA honours help them shape their ideas by providing in-depth knowledge of different aspects of business administration. So, for one who wants an important position in any firm and involves either actively or passively in their growth, a Bachelor of Business Administration is course makes it accessible.
Apart from being an entrepreneur and exploring jobs in different firms, students can also choose to pursue higher education in their respective fields after completing the BBA Honours course. In this case, the options are MBA, M.Phil, M.Com, etc., in the respective domain. These higher degree courses will help the candidates broaden their horizons in terms of high paying job opportunities and recognization.
Top Jobs After BBA Honours Program
Graduating with BBA Honours creates numerous options for the candidates to choose from in terms of their careers. The graduates can explore job opportunities in employment sectors like Banks, Auditing, Consulting, Tax services, Consultancy Firms, Manufacturing Firms etc. Below listed are some of the top job positions after a Bachelor in Business Administration.
- Marketing head
- Business Analyst
- Assistant Auditor
- Relationship Manager
- Business Data Analyst
- Administrative Executive
- Associate Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Reporter
- Business Objects Administrator
- Retail Banking Business Analyst
- Business Development Executive
Graduates with BBA Honours Salary
The average salary of a BBA Hons Graduate in India ranges between 5 to 8 Lakh Per Annum. The salary package of the graduates varies depending on the city, years of experience, the job role, skillset, recruiter, college for a degree, etc. Below listed are some of the top job roles after Bachelor of Business Administration with their average salary trend. However, the data below is just for reference, and the actual salary may vary.
- Banker:- INR 4 Lakh Per Annum
- Marketing head :- INR 8 Lakh Per Annum
- Business Analyst:- INR 7 Lakh Per Annum
- Assistant Auditor:- INR 3 Lakh Per Annum
- Relationship Management:- INR 5 Lakh Per Annum
- Business Development Executive:- INR 4 Lakh Per Annum
FAQs on Bachelor in Business Administration (Hons) Course
Ans:- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) is a three-year undergraduate degree that involves the study of Business operation and management.
Ans:- Both the courses are the same in most aspects, but the simple difference is that you could concentrate on a specific subject in BBA Honours while the BBA General offers you an outline of all the topics taught in the honours course.
Ans:- BBA Honours has a vast scope. Post pursuing the program, graduates can expect jobs in various sectors such as finance, retail management, accounting, business analytics, business development etc. Apart from these career options, one can also go for the teaching profession in schools and colleges.
Ans:- Yes, BBA has honours, a three-year program and offers in-depth knowledge of business operations, administration, and management. It also imparts knowledge on taking major business decisions, using resources efficiently and working collectively towards a common business goal.