Updated October 18, 2022
BSc in Aviation, full form Bachelor of Science in Aviation, is a 3-years UG degree course in aviation science. This aviation course mainly concerns providing you knowledge and training on operating and designing aircraft. The program also includes training the students on air traffic control, aircraft maintenance, airport and airline management, etc.
Graduating with BSc Aviation brings diverse job opportunities for the candidates as the course covers varied niches like design, production, and management of aircraft, etc. The B.Sc. Aviation graduates can aspire to various job roles such as Aviation Line Technician, Pilot, flight attendants, air traffic controller, cargo manager & airport ground operations manager, Academic professional.
Students aspiring to pursue the program must have completed 12th in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects. They should have also secured the minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their 12th board examination. Since admission to B.Sc aviation is made on merit, candidates need to ensure a good percentage in their 12th Board.
BSc in Aviation Eligibility Criteria
Like any other BSc Course, B.Sc. Aviation also requires some specific eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the aspirants. However, the eligibility criteria for the program may vary from institution to institution. So, we have listed below the criteria that most institutions ask for providing admission to the program. The aspirants must fulfil the eligibility criteria are as follows.
- Aspirants must have 12th or equivalent in science stream from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their core subject.
- They should have also secured the minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their qualifying examination (12th Board Examination).
- The candidates who have completed a three-year Engineering Diploma course with Mathematics and Physics as their subjects can also apply for this course.
BSc Aviation Admission Process
Admission to the B.Sc. Aviation course is made directly based on the score of the candidates in their 12the Board examination. So, candidates need to visit the official website of the respective universities /colleges searching for admittance to the program. They will get to know the eligibility criteria the institution is asking for admission to the program. Candidates who are fulfilling the required eligibility criteria can apply for the program. Below mentioned is the complete admission process for the program.
- Aspirants need to visit the official website of the respective institution to apply (online or offline) based on their 12th Board.
- While filling out the application form, candidates need to feel all the details accurately and attach the necessary documents.
- Now, the applicant needs to pay an application fee (online or offline) to make themselves registered.
- After that, colleges review the eligibility and respective scores of the applicants and shortlist them. This process might be followed by a round of personal interviews for the final selection of the candidate.
BSc Aviation Syllabus
The B.Sc. Aviation is a three years program divided into six semesters. During the course study, the students go through various essential subjects or disciplines related to aviation science. B.Sc. aviation syllabus is more or less similar at every institution. However, some topics or disciplines may vary from institution to institution as per the university’s norms. Enlisted down are some of the essential subjects or disciplines students pursue during the BSc Aviation program.
Particulars of Bachelor of Science in Aviation Syllabus
|Aviation Physics I
|Aviation Science I
|Second language paper I
|Indian Heritage and Culture
|Communication skills practical
|Aviation Physics II
|Aviation Science II
|Second Language paper II
|Aviation computer practical
|Computer applications in aviation
|Aviation Physics III
|Aviation Physics IV
|Aviation Science III
|Aviation Science IV
|Science and civilisation
|Aircraft ground handling
|Air navigation and regulation
|Aircraft inspection procedures
Top BSc Aviation Colleges
Various colleges across India provide B.Sc. courses in Aviation science. Out of those, we have listed down some of the country’s top institutions that offer the BSc Aviation Course.
- Indira Institute of Aircraft Engineering, Pune
- National Institute of Medical Sciences, Jaipur
- Remo International College of Aviation, Chennai
- St. Mary’s College of Health Science, Tamil Nadu
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Academy Rae Bareli
- Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Maharashtra
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai
- Garware Institute of Career Education and Development, Mumbai
- VELS Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies, Chennai
BSc Aviation Fees Structure
The fee structure for B.Sc. aviation varies from institution to institution, and the fee structure for any institution depends on its reputation, authority, and quality of education. However, the average fee for the program at different universities may stand around Rs. 1 to 2 Lakh Per Annum.
Various institutions also provide scholarships to the candidates who are eligible to avail it. Eligibility criteria for availing scholarship provision vary from institution to institution and state to state. But essentially, it is provided based on merit and income of candidates’ parents. The caste category is a prominent criterion for availing scholarship provision in some states.
B.Sc. in Aviation Career Scope
B.Sc. in Aviation promises ample career opportunities to the candidates. Numerous employment opportunities with handsome salaries are available to B.Sc. Aviation graduates in various public and private aviation organizations. After graduating with BSc in aviation, candidates can apply for jobs across multiple employment sectors such as Aviation firms, Aeronautics Industries, Aerospace Firms, Air Ports, Logistics Departments, Academic Institutions, etc. These employment sectors include recruiters like Air India, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air Ports, Vistara, Blue Dart Aviation, etc.
Other than this, B.Sc aviation graduates can also go for higher education with an M.Sc. degree in aeronautics, aerospace, or aviation management. After completing B.Sc. in Aviation, one of the most popular career choices among the graduates is Aviation Management.
BSc Aviation Jobs Profile
Courses in the field of Aviation science are among the most popular courses that students aspire to pursue after 12th class. And graduating with B.Sc. in Aviation make the candidates eligible for various job opportunities with lucrative salaries from the private to government sectors. Enlisted down are some of the popular job profiles for BSc Aviation graduates.
- Cargo Manager
- Flight Test Engineer
- Air Traffic Controller
- Operations Manager
- Flight Testing Engineer
- Airport Ground Duty Manager
- Service Maintenance Engineer
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Graduate with BSc Aviation Salary
The average salary of a BSc Aviation Graduates may range between 4 to 10 lakh per annum. Variation in the wages of graduates entirely depends on factors like experience, job profile, skill set, recruiters, etc. For instance, candidates with less than a year of experience can receive an average salary of Rs. 4.5 Lakh per annum, which can more or less depend on the recruiter and skillset of the candidates.
At the same time, candidates with work experience between 1 to 3 years can receive an average salary of around Rs. 6 to Rs. 8 Lakh per annum. Moreover, the top-level salary for a B.Sc. aviation graduate with five years of experience can be somewhere around Rs. 10 to 12 Lakh per annum.
We are listing below some of the top Job profiles after BSc. Aviation with their average salary figure. Listing should give you a tentative idea whether or not. it meets your monetary aspirations once you are a BSc Aviation graduate. The figures are only estimates and may vary depending upon individual skills for the profession.
- Pilot:- Rs. 10 Lakhs per annum
- Flight test engineer:- Rs. 7 Lakhs per annum
- Operations Manager:- Rs. 9 Lakhs per annum
- Service maintenance engineer:- Rs. 6 Lakhs per annum
- Aircraft maintenance engineer:- Rs. 8 Lakhs per annum
Mostly Asked Questions on Bachelor of Science in Aviation Program
Ans:- BSc in Aviation is a 3-years undergraduate degree course in aviation science that comprises six semesters of study. The course mainly provides knowledge and training on flying and designing aircraft.
Ans:- BSc Aviation program promises numerous job opportunities with handsome salaries. After completing the program, candidates can aspire to Job roles like Pilot, Flight Test Engineer, Air Traffic Controller, Cargo Manager, Airport Ground Duty Manager, Flight Attendant, etc.
Ans:- BSc in Aviation is an excellent course that provides comprehensive career options for the students. Numerous job opportunities are available to BSc Aviation graduates, and some of the most common job profiles are pilot, production, maintenance manager, aircraft maintenance engineer, software testing engineer, etc. The candidates can initially receive an average of 4 to 5 Lakhs per annum.
Ans:- Every learning can be challenging or accessible, which entirely depends on the interest and passion of the candidates. However, degrees in aviation are challenging as they cover various niches such as designing, operating, production, managing aircraft, etc.
Beyond B.S. in Aviation Course Under Courses Listing
- Could Graduating in BSc in Forestry be Rewarding?
- How Diploma in Nursing is Becoming Popular Choice?
- The Paramedical Courses Can Offer a flooding Career Ops!
- Check Out as to How BSc in Statistics Could be a Right Fit for You?
- Recently BSc in Physics Course is Much Sought After- Check Out Why?
- How BSc in Radiography Could be a Guarantee to A Great Career Ahead