Updated November 10, 2022
Diploma in Nursing is a three-year undergraduate level program that focuses on subjects like Fundamentals of Nursing, Health Economics, Community Diseases, Medical-Surgical operations, administrating and ward management, etc. A diploma in Nursing course helps candidates build a promising career in their respective field.
Candidates who have passed the class 12th examination in any relevant stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized board can apply for this course. Various universities like SRM Institute of Technology, Singhania University, Venkateswara Nursing College, etc., offers this course. And, admission to this course in most universities is offered directly based on a merit list. The annual average fees for this program may range from INR 20,000 to 100,000, depending on the standard of colleges/universities.
Diploma in Nursing Eligibility Criteria
For admission to the Diploma Nursing Courses, candidates must fulfil certain eligibility criteria. Minimum eligibility criteria set for admission by each university/college are mentioned below are as follows:
- Candidates must have completed 12th or equivalent in any relevant stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized board.
- Candidates who have experience of a minimum of 2 years in General Nursing and Midwifery can also apply for admission to this program.
- Candidates in case of no working experience in the General Nursing and Midwifery field and seeking admission to this course must possess a certificate in nursing for a minimum of 6 to 9 months with any State Nursing Council.
Diploma in Nursing Admission Process
Most of the colleges/universities offer direct admission to this program. Candidates are offered admission to the program based on merit obtained in the 12th standard. Candidates who wish admittance to the program must know the common admission process as prescribed by the respective institutions.
- Whenever the universities/colleges release the application form for admission, the candidates need to visit the official site or admission office of the institution they seek admission into. Since, the application form is filled in both online or offline mode, depending on the institution’s guidelines.
- After filling out the application form, the candidates will be informed by the institution whether they made it to the merit list or not.
- And once the candidates make it to the merit list, they are required to submit the relevant documents like Class 10th and 12th certificates with marks sheets, Medical Certificate, Application fee payment receipt and caste certificate (If applicable).
- And finally, they have to make admission payments either online or offline mode, depending on the institution’s guidelines.
Types of Diploma Nursing Programs
Various nursing courses of Diploma level are available for the candidates to pursue. Some of the top Nursing Diploma courses are mentioned below. So just check out below to know the diploma Nursing courses of your dream.
- Diploma in Home Nursing
- Diploma in Neuro Nursing
- Diploma in Health Assistant (DHA)
- Diploma in Nursing Administration
- Post Basic Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Neo -Natal Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Emergency Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Operation Room Nursing
- Diploma in Emergency and Trauma Care Technician
- Post Graduate Diploma in Paediatric Critical Care Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Ontological Nursing and Rehabilitation Nursing
Top Diploma in Nursing Colleges
There are numerous colleges in India that are famous for offering renowned courses in diploma in nursing. Some of the top Nursing Diploma colleges are listed below.
- Singhania University, Rajasthan
- Surabi College of Nursing, Tamil Nadu
- Sakthi College of Nursing, Tamil Nadu
- Venkateswara Nursing College, Chennai
- SRM Institute of Technology, Kanchipuram
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- Sagar Institute of management and Technology, Barabanki
- Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital, Bihar
- International Centre for Thoracic and Vascular Disease, Chennai
- Jawaharlal institute of Postgraduate Medical science and Research, Pondicherry
- Melmaruvathur Adhiparasakthi institute of Medical Science & Research, Kanchipuram
Diploma in Nursing Course Fees
The average annual fees for the course vary depending upon the authority (Governmental or Private) and standard of the Colleges. Mentioned below in the table is a range of annual average fees of Government and Private colleges.
|Types of College||Annual Fees Ranges|
|Government Colleges||20,000 to 25,000 Per Annum|
|Private Colleges||50,000 to 60,000 Per Annum|
Diploma in Nursing Syllabus
Diploma in Nursing is three years full-time undergraduate level program, and students pursue various subjects and topics during the program. So, one in order to know the Diploma in Nursing years wise syllabus commonly followed by the top colleges offering the program, check out below.
|First Year||First Aid|
|Fundamentals of Nursing|
|Anatomy and Psychology|
|Professional Trends and Adjustment|
|Ear, Nose and Throat|
|Medical Surgical Nursing I|
|Community Health Nursing I|
|Mental health and Psychiatric Nursing|
Nursing Diploma Career Scope
Diploma in Nursing courses encompasses huge career scope. After completing the program, candidates are offered jobs in various employment sectors like Government and private Hospitals, Clinics, Nursing Homes, Healthcare Centres, Administrations, Schools, etc. However, continuing as a professional is not the only option; candidates can also explore the scope of studying further in the related field. Opting for higher studies BSc Nursing, Post Basic BSc Nursing, M.Sc. Nursing, MPhil Nursing, etc., would help them get advanced in the related field. Professional nurses can also acquire the ability to take up research programs like PhD in Nursing Administration by utilizing their skills and capabilities.
The courses mentioned above help the candidates gain mastery over the subject and explore career opportunities on a wider platform. The number of openings increases in terms of higher pay and recognition after obtaining the higher qualification.
Top Diploma in Nursing Jobs
Post pursuing the program, candidates are offered various job roles in different employment sectors. Some of the top job profiles available after completing the courses are as follows.
- Nursing Assistant
- Nursing In-charge
- Emergency Nurses
- Head Nursing Services
- Infection Control Nurse
- Community Health Nurse
Diploma in Nursing Salary
The average annual salary of Nursing Diploma candidates may range from Rs 2 to 6 lakh per annum. Their salary varies depending on various factors such as Job profile, knowledge, skillset recruiter, etc. For instance, an Emergency Nurse can make up to 2 lakh per annum, while Infection Control Nurse can earn an average salary of 3 lakh per annum. Below are some of the top job profiles in Diploma in Nursing with an annual average salary.
- Nursing Assistant:- 2.5 Lakh Per Annum
- Nursing In-charge:- 2 Lakh Per Annum
- Head Nursing Services:- 4 Lakh Per Annum
- Infection Control Nurse:- 3 Lakh Per Annum
- Community Health Nurse:- 3.5 Lakh Per Annum