Updated January 11, 2023
Happy Mother’s Day 2022: Mother’s day is a special day for every mother in this world, Whose contributions are often neglected. It’s a day to acknowledge the selfless and unquantifiable contributions of every mother to their child’s success.
The relationship between a mother and a child is beyond anything else. Nothing can come even an inch closer to comparing a mother’s unconditional love, dedication, and devotion to her children.
From the time a child is born, the mother always makes their young ones feel comfortable and protected, whenever they are around them.
It has been said that a mother’s love is the purest form of love in this world. So, let’s get into the history of “Happy Mother’s Day” to understand this day better.
When is Mother’s Day this year?
Mother’s Day falls on May 8 this year in India. Around the world, the “Happy Mother’s Day” celebration is observed in several countries. However, it is not celebrated on the same day.
History Behind “Happy Mother’s Day“.
The origin of celebrating Mother’s Day is the US. In the early 1900s, the idea of celebrating Mother’s Day first came up.
Some records state that in 1908 a woman named Anna Jarvis established the concept of Mother’s Day. She commemorated Mother’s Day in memory of her mother who had passed away three years back then.
Within 5 years, several parts of the US observed this day and began celebrating Happy Mother’s Day.
In 1914, US President Woodrow Wilson declared this day a national holiday. Although not all countries celebrate Mother’s Day on the same day, but the second Sunday in May is celebrated as a special day in more than 50 countries.
Is Mother’s Day a Public Holiday?
Although Mother’s Day is a national holiday in the United States it is neither a federal nor a public holiday. It falls on the second Sunday in May and most businesses follow regular Sunday opening hours in India.
Stuff to do for Mother’s Day
Even though, we should not honor the most important people in our life, only once a year. Mother’s Day is an excellent opportunity to show your gratitude, and love and spend some quality time with your mother.
If you want to go beyond the Mother’s Day card or Mother’s Day gift, and want some useful stuff to do for Mother’s Day then check out the list below.
- Craft a Wreath with mom
- Help Tackle Her To-Do List
- Tour the World’s Prettiest Gardens.
- Flip Through a Custom Photo Album
- Bake Something Together like cake
- Cook a Family Recipe
- Pause for Deep Conversation
- Encourage Self-Care
- Lend a Helping Hand
- Cook Something “Together”
- Conduct a Mother’s Day Interview
- Tackle a Home Decor Project
- Plan a Picnic
- Throw a (Real or Virtual!) Tea Party
- Watch a Mother-Daughter Movie
- Spend Time in Her Garden
- Try an At-Home Painting Class
- Conduct a Family-Wide Wine Tasting
- Go Horseback Riding
- Rent Her Dream Car for the Day
Things to say on Mother’s Day
Following are the perfect messages or things to say on Mother’s Day
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. We can’t ever repay you!”
- ”I love you and wish you the best Mother’s Day!”
- “Thank you for every hug, word of encouragement, and the act of love you’ve given me. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Thank you for laughing with us in the best of times and sticking with us through the worst of times!
- “To Mom, with love, from your favorite child.”
- “Sorry if I drove you crazy. I only did it because I love you!”
- “Thanks for putting up with us! We love you like crazy.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! I promise today I’ll pick up my room. Maybe.”