Updated October 6, 2022
Bicycle is not just beneficial for the health but it is also good for the environment cause, it is a pollution-free mode of transport. Hence, we have come up with a list of quotes for World Bicycle Day that will help us acknowledge this special vehicle.
Every year, world bicycle day is celebrated across the world on 3 June. The day aimed to draw the attention of the public to the significance of using bicycles for our health and environment. A bicycle is a simple, affordable, clean, environmentally fit sustainable means of transportation.
40+ Quotes for World Bicycle Day
- -I’m lazy. But it’s the lazy people who invented the wheel and the bicycle because they didn’t like walking or carrying things. -Lech Walesa
- “Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” — Eddy Merckx
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” –Albert Einstein
- “When my legs hurt, I say: “Shut up legs! Do what I tell you to do!” — Jens Voigt
- “It never gets easier, you just go faster” -Greg LeMond
- “One of the most important days of my life was when I learned to ride a bicycle.” — Michael Palin
- “Crashing is part of cycling as crying is part of love” -Johan Museeuw
- “Cycling also offers a sense of independence, of being able to get up and go wherever and whenever you want. That’s invaluable.” — Adrian Bell
- “I’m lazy. But it’s the lazy people who invented the wheel and the bicycle because they didn’t like walking or carrying things.” -Lech Walesa
- “Cycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world” — Susan B. Anthony
- “Cyclists live with pain. If you can’t handle it you will win nothing” -Eddy Merckx
- “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.” — Lance Armstrong
- “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” -John F. Kennedy
- “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring.” — Desmond Tutu
- “A bicycle ride around the world begins with a single pedal stroke” -Scott Stoll
- “Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.” — Mark Twain
- “Like dogs, bicycles are social catalysts that attract a superior category of people.” -Chip Brown
- “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” — John F. Kennedy
- You can’t be sad while riding a bicycle.
- “The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.” — John Howard
Other Relevant Quotes for World Bicycle Day
- “Cycling has encountered more enemies than any other form of exercise.”
- “I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel…the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. — Susan B. Anthony
- “One of the most important days of my life, was when I learned to ride a bicycle.” – Michael Palin
- -Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.-HG Wells
- “The bicycle is the noblest invention of mankind.” — William Saroyan
- -My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.-Peter Golkin
- “Bicycles are almost as good as guitars for meeting girls.” — Bob Weir
- -Nothing compares with the simple pleasure of a bike ride.- John F Kennedy
- “Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- -Cyclists see considerably more of this beautiful world than any other class of citizens. A good bicycle, well applied, will cure most ills this flesh is heir to. Dr. K.K. Doty
- “After your first day of cycling, one dream is inevitable. A memory of motion lingers in the muscles of your legs, and round and round they seem to go. You ride through Dreamland on wonderful dream bicycles that change and grow.” — H. G. Wells
- -A bicycle ride around the world begins with a single pedal stroke. Scott Stoll
- “If biking is your passion, set aside time to enjoy a good ride.” — Patrick Dempsey
- Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. — Mark Twain
- “When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.” — Emo Philips
- -Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. Desmond Tutu
- “Cycling is a joy and faster than many other modes of transport, depending on the time of day. It clears the head.” — David Byrne
- -Cycling isn’t a game, it’s a sport. Tough, hard, and unpitying, and it requires great sacrifices. One plays football, tennis, or hockey. One doesn’t play at cycling. Jean de Gribaldy
- “Cycling is not rocket science.” — Jens Voigt
- “Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.” — Billy Connolly
History of World Bicycle Day
The first World Bicycle Day was celebrated by the UN (United Nations) on Sunday, June 3, 2018, at UN General Assembly in New York. United Nations officials, diplomats, athletes, and advocates of the cycling community delivered their speeches at the first World Bicycle Day event in New York, sharing how bicycles are a sustainable, affordable, and eco-friendly means of transport that keeps us fit and healthy.
In April 2018, the United Nations General Assembly designated 3 June as World Bicycle Day. The Day is the result of the Polish Social Scientist, Professor Leszek Sibilski’s campaign. Professor Sibilski led a campaign with his sociology classes to generate awareness about the united nation’s resolution for world bicycle day. And, his campaign got the support of Turkmenistan and 56 other countries for World Bicycle Day.
The logo of the World Bicycle Day was originally designed by Isaac Feld which is of blue and white color. The animation was done by Professor John E. Swanson. This logo reflects various types of messages around the world. The basic message is to show that bicycle serve their riders in several ways.
Quotes for World Bicycle Day Concluding Words
World Bicycle Day provides the opportunity to recognize the versatility, longevity, and uniqueness of the bicycle. It has been in use for two centuries because, it is a simple, affordable, reliable, clean, and environment-friendly means of transport.
Bicycle is good for physical and mental health, also it is good for the environment and the economy. No doubt riding bicycle is a perfect workout and keeps you active. It helps to shape a healthy lifestyle. As stated by the WHO (World Health Organization), “safe infrastructure for walking and cycling is also a pathway for achieving greater health equity.”
Reads Beyond Quotes for World Bicycle Day Under Awareness
- What Remarkable EAM Dr. S. Jaishankar Did in 4th 2+2 Meet With USA?
- What is Full Form of BSA & Essential things to Know About?
- How did World Tobacco Day Start to celebrate Across the globe?
- What are The Top Reasons to Study in USA Attracting Students Globally?
- Why do People Celebrate International Museum Day- Check Here!