Updated October 18, 2022
B Tech Agricultural Engineering is a four-year undergraduate degree program that comprises eight semesters of study. The program deals with studying the application of machinery, engineering, and science in the agricultural sector. And the course syllabus of the BTech Agricultural Engineering covers the aspects like food processing, food production technologies, agricultural processes, machinery, etc.
To be eligible for this UG program, candidates must have completed 12th in the science stream with a minimum of 50% from the recognized board. Admission to BTech in Agricultural Engineering is based on the standard entrance exam score, and JEE Main and JEE Advanced are nationally accepted exams. However, some institutions also have their own entrance exam for offering admission to the program.
B.Tech Agricultural engineering course is offered by various top colleges in India like IISc Bangalore, Marathwada Institute of Technology, KIT’s College of Engineering, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Chandigarh University, and many others. Depending on the institution candidates choose to get admitted into, the average fee expenses for the program range from 50K to 2 Lakh Per Annum.
B Tech Agricultural Engineering Course Details
The table below depicts the major highlights of the Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering course. So, check out below to know the essential facts about the program at a glance.
|Course Name||B Tech Agricultural Engineering|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering|
|Course Duration||Four Years|
|Examination Pattern||Semester Wise|
|Minimum Eligibility||Must be passed out 12th in science stream with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized Board|
|Admission Process||Entranced and Merit-Based|
|Entrance Examinations||WBJEE, JEE Main, MH-CET, etc.|
|Top Colleges||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, The Neotia College, Chandigarh University, Lovely Professional University, Assam University, etc.|
|Average Fees Incurred||50K to 2 Lakh Per Annum|
|To Job positions||Research scientist, Lecturer, Microbiologist, etc.|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 5 to 8 Lakh Per Annum|
|Higher Studies Options||M Tech in Agricultural Engineering, etc.|
B Tech Agricultural Engineering Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want access to the B. Tech Agricultural Engineering program must meet the minimum eligibility criteria. However, the eligibility criteria for admission to BTech Agricultural Engineering differ from institution to institution. Still, candidates must meet some essential eligibility criteria to be admitted.
- Candidates must have passed 12th in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology as compulsory subjects.
- They should have passed their 12th examination from any recognized board with at least 60% (55% for reserved category) marks.
BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission Process
The admission process for B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering program is more or similar to other BTech courses. Admission provided to the program is either based on the Merit obtained in the qualifying examination or the entrance test score of the specific university. Some institutions offer access to the BTech Agricultural Engineering degree based on the Merit received by the student in the national or state level entrance test (JEE Main or JEE Advanced). At the same time, some institutions also have their own entrance exam for granting access to the program. The crucial steps involved in the admission processes for the Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering program are discussed below.
- Candidates need to apply and appear for the qualifying exam (JEE Main) or the entrance test of the respective colleges/universities, candidates have selected to get admitted into.
- Based on the candidates’ performances in the qualifying exam or an entrance exam, they are called for the university level examination for their aptitude test.
- Qualified candidates are then contacted for the personal interview phase conducted by the institutions candidates have chosen for admission.
- Finally, based on the overall performance in the entrance exam and the interview stage, the qualified candidates are admitted to the program.
B.Tech Agricultural Engineering Entrance Exam
For Admission to B.Tech in the Agricultural Engineering program, JEE Main and JEE advance scores are most widely accepted. However, there are some other popular entrance examinations too. Listed below are some of the popular BTech Agricultural Engineering entrance exams.
- JEE Main (Joint Entrance Exam Main)
- WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam)
- JEE Advanced (Joint Entrance Exam Advance)
- KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical)
- MHT CET (The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test)
- SRMJEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination)
- BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test)
- VITEEE (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam)
B Tech Agricultural Engineering Syllabus
The B. Tech in Agricultural Engineering is four years undergraduate program comprising eight semesters of study. And the course syllabus incorporates various vital subjects and topics. The table below shows the syllabus for the BTech Agricultural Engineering program.
Particulars of B. Tech Agricultural Engineering Syllabus
|Open Elective||Soil Physics|
|Mathematics I||Soil Mechanics|
|Biotechnology||Science of Soils|
|Renewable Energy||Mathematics II|
|Engineering Drawing||Farm Machinery|
|Engineering Physics I||Physical Chemistry|
|Environmental Studies||Operation Research|
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Physics II|
|Engineering Chemistry I||Engineering Mechanics|
|Tools and Control of Machines||Tractors and Power Units|
|Basic of Agricultural Engineering||Horticulture and Field Crops|
|Agricultural Process in Industries||Crop Processing Engineering|
|Surveying and Labelling Methods||Agricultural processing Technology|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigerating||Unit Operations in Food Technology|
Top BTech Agricultural Engineering Colleges
Numerous reputed colleges across India offer the B Tech Agricultural Engineering Courses. Some of the top colleges for the program are listed below.
- College of Agriculture, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- KIT’s College of Engineering, Kolhapur
- Aditya Engineering College, Surampalem
- Shobhit Institute of Engineering , Meerut
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode
- Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore
- Sir Chotu Ram Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut
- Vignan’s Foundation for Science Technology and Research, Guntur
BTech Agricultural Engineering Fees Structure
The average tuition fee for the B.Tech Agricultural Engineering program ranges from 50K to 2 Lakh Per Annum, depending on the institution candidates choose to get admitted into. The differences in the fee structure of different institutions depend on their authority and education quality.
Scope After B Tech Agricultural Engineering
After acquiring a bachelor’s degree in agricultural engineering, graduates can explore employment opportunities in workforces like Agri-business firms, food processing industries, agricultural research and development firms, etc. Apart from that, they can continue their studies and pursue a higher degree in a related field. There are several specializations available in this discipline for advanced studies. Graduates can pursue master’s degrees in various domains, and some of them are listed below.
- MSc in Agriculture
- M Tech in Agricultural Engineering
- M Tech in Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- M Tech in Integrated Water Resources Management
- M Tech in Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- M Tech in Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering
Popular B Tech Agricultural Engineering Jobs
Graduating with BTech Agricultural Engineering opens a broad career opportunity for the candidates. Post pursuing the program, graduates can aspire to many lucrative jobs in the public and private sectors, depending on their interests. Listed below are some of the top Job profiles after a Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering.
- Soil Scientist
- Crop Engineer
- Plant Physiologist
- Agricultural Officers
- Agricultural Engineer
- Agricultural Inspector
- Agricultural Researcher
B Tech Agricultural Engineering Salary
In India, the BTech Agricultural Engineering graduate can earn an average salary between 3 to 8 lakh per annum, depending on their job profiles. The pay of the graduates may increase with increased work experience and higher education in agricultural engineering. Other factors affect the salary packages of the graduates, including the recruiters, industry, and location. The below table presents you with the salary of different job profiles in B Tech agricultural engineering.
- Agronomist:- INR 6 Lakh Per Annum
- Soil Scientist:- INR 7 Lakh Per Annum
- Crop Engineer:- INR 6 Lakh Per Annum
- Microbiologist:- INR 5 Lakh Per Annum
- Plant Physiologist:- INR 6 Lakh Per Annum
- Agricultural Officers:- INR 7 Lakh Per Annum
- Agricultural Engineer:- INR 4 Lakh Per Annum
- Agricultural Inspector:- INR 6 Lakh Per Annum
- Agricultural Researcher:- INR 7 Lakh Per Annum
FAQs on Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering
Ans:- B.Tech Agricultural engineering is a four-year undergraduate course that involves studying the application of engineering science and technology to agricultural production and processing. The course syllabus of the program incorporates various essential subjects like the science of soils, the basics of agricultural engineering, farm machinery, and soil mechanics.
Ans:- After completing B. Tech in Agriculture Engineering, graduates can access numerous job opportunities in public and private workforces, such as IBPS Agriculture Field Officer (AFO), Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer, Agricultural Engineer, Microbiologist, etc. One can also become a subject matter specialist or scientist at IARI (Indian Agricultural Research Institute).
Ans:- Yes, indeed, BTech in Agriculture is a good career option. The candidates pursuing B.Tech in Agriculture can find lucrative job opportunities in various private and government workforces. It provides the graduates with higher career growth and high-paying jobs in government and private-based companies.
1 thought on “B Tech Agricultural Engineering: Course Details, Eligibility, Fees, Syllabus, Scope Jobs and Salary”
College work not good