Updated September 23, 2022
To save the planet and protect future, we have to control the population today. Quotes for World Population Day that will help you to understand the spirit of this world population day Better.
World Population Day is an annual event, it is observed on 11 July. This special day aims to raise awareness among the general public about the effects of the rapidly growing population. And how does overpopulation affect humans and also the environment?
World Population Day was created in 1989 by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme to focus on the various global population issues, which include the importance of family planning, maternal health, gender equality, poverty, human rights, and so on.
Quotes for World Population Day
- “Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “The greatest threat to human existence is our own lack of ability to control our own growth.”
- ” Yet food is something that is taken for granted by most world leaders despite the fact that more than half of the population of the world is hungry. ” – Norman Borlaug
- “By improving health, empowering women, population growth comes down.” – Bill Gates
- “As a woman leader, I thought I brought a different kind of leadership. I was interested in women’s issues, in bringing down the population growth rate… as a woman, I entered politics with an additional dimension – that of a mother.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Every state has the primary duty to protect its own population from grave and sustained violations of human rights, as well as from the consequences of humanitarian crises, whether natural or man-made.” – Pope Benedict XVI
- “Population growth is not respecting water-management district boundaries.” – Colleen Castille
- “Our human population continues to expand at such a scary rate – it’s unbelievable.” – Bindi Irwin
- “A finite world can support only a finite population; therefore, population growth must eventually equal zero. (Garrett Hardin)”
- “The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man.” – Thomas Malthus
- “Population growth and development place additional stress on the Nation’s water infrastructure and its ability to sustain hard-won water quality gains.” – Jerry Costello
- “When the family is small, whatever little they have they are able to share. There is peace.” – Philip Njuguna
- “Population growth is the primary source of environmental damage. (Jacques Yves Cousteau)”
- “To save the world, to protect tomorrow, we have to control the population today.”
- “Rapid population growth and technological innovation, combined with our lack of understanding about how the natural systems of which we are a part work, have created a mess.” – David Suzuki
Slogans for World Population Day
- Overpopulation leads to overexploitation.
- Adopt a child instead of giving birth to your own child.
- Focus on the population to fight poverty and illiteracy.
- A big family brings big problems too.
- Earth cannot carry the heavy load for long, so think about population control.
- Control overpopulation to remain away from starvation.
- Save the earth from over-exploitation caused by overpopulation.
- Birth control is the only solution to population control.
- Overpopulation gives rise to poverty, illiteracy, and lots of social issues.
- Plan your family and protect the planet.
- Take the pledge to control the population.
- Start family planning for a happy future.
- Use family planning tips and measures to have a small family.
- Take care of the children we already have, don’t increase the population.
- Use a lid to have just one kid.
- Keep a small family to have a big happy life.
- Celebrate world population day to control the population growth.
- It is easy to add more, but difficult to maintain.
- We are not just here to procreate.
- Reduce the population and empower women.
Concluding Words on Quotes for World Population Day
The carrying capacity of our earth is limited. The natural resources on planet earth are for a finite number of people only. And We are surpassing Earth’s carrying capacity. An increase in the population can lead to lesser resources for the population of the globe.
Overpopulation is a serious environmental issue. A huge number of people mean an increased need for water, food, shelter, energy, healthcare, transportation, etc. And all that consumption contributes to ecological degradation, increased conflicts, and a higher risk of large-scale disasters such as pandemics.