Updated September 23, 2022
The World Nature Conservation Day on July 28 every year reminds our pledge for protecting the nature & natural resources. Saving plants & animals prone to extinction and wisely use of non-renewable resources is central to our pledge. It also, obviously means, you will avoid doing anything that harms environment and nature.
The day is also about spreading awareness on the importance of a healthy environment. Educating people about how nature can be protected and preserved is what crusaders of nature conservation do for the most part. And, we all are surely a part of.
Since time immemorial, nature has been providing us with everything to live a healthy and better life. Food, shelter, fresh water, drugs, raw materials, clothes all comes from nature essentially. As Nature satisfies our all needs free of cost, it is our responsibility to preserve our nature and natural resources for future generations too.
What is World Nature Conservation Day?
World Nature Conservation Day is an international event, held on July 28 every year. This is day is observed to create awareness about protecting nature and conserving natural resources to save our mother Earth from the dangers of unfavourable impacts of climate change. And to make people understand the importance of a healthy world.
The day focus is to conserve flora and fauna that are on the verge of going extinct from the environment of the planet Earth. World Nature Conservation Day is an initiative, to spread awareness that without protecting Nature and natural resources, its flora and fauna. a healthy, productive and sustainable human society is not possible.
History of The Nature Conservation Day
There is no precise date as to when was first international Nature Conservation Day was observed. The creator and origination of the day are not in available in public domain. However, it is obvious that Nature Conservation Day has been started to preserve the environment and natural resources to keep the world healthy and safe.
In India, World Nature Conservation Day began with visionaries who were worried about natural resources and environment. The New Delhi Environmental Information System (ENVIS) Centre promotes this day fervently. The Ministry of Environment and Forests, the Department of Environment, and the Government of India sponsors ENVIS. Gradually, some countries started joining India in celebrating this significant day for our planet.
Significance of World Nature Conservation Day
“If conservation of natural resources goes wrong, nothing else will go right.” by M. S. Swaminathan perfectly underlines significance of Nature Conservation. By this quote he wants to express that people are consuming natural resources indiscriminately. And, that there is urgent call to preserve it.
If natural resources go in drain without check and balance, there will be a stage where people will not get fresh oxygen and healthy foods. Subsequently, our upcoming generation might have to face malnutrition, starvation and suffocation.
In fact, the natural resources of our planet are limited, including air, sunlight, soil, minerals, fuels and water. We have been using all of these though carelessly. More so, during last few decades, humans have rapidly consumed them leading to a disastrous impact on natural vegetation and resource.
Currently, on earth, there are closely 8 billion people living and by 2036 it going to swell by 9 Billion. And, each day all of us are using the natural resources of Earth without even thinking about replacement. Potable ground water is soon going to become a big concern, and the bio fuels will run out even before.
Another aspect to nature’s conservation is saving the flora and fauna. Some species of which are only going to exist in books if timely measures are not put in place. It is interesting to note that nature gives you peace and shelter only till there exists a balance between its various components.
Keeping things in perspective, World or International Nature Conservation Day assumes huge significance. Today, we commit and promote the conservation of our natural resources and create awareness for the management and wise utilization of natural resources. On this day we go on educating masses on planting trees and be compassionate towards animals
How to Celebrate Nature Conservation Day?
Nature Conservation Day is observed by spreading knowledge about conserving the environment and natural resources to keep the world healthy and safe. The most practical way to celebrate the Nature conservation day would be to commit to yourself and educate people to utilize natural resources wisely.
Fortunately, there are simple ways to conserve nature and natural resources. And, there could be not better way to celebrate Nature Conservation Day:
1.Stop wasting water, start saving it!
3.Plant more trees to reduce soil erosion
4.Switch off lights when you are leaving your room
5.Go for public transport instead of traveling by your own car
6.When not in use, turn off all electrical appliances
7.Use non-toxic cleaning supplies
8.Practice recycling, reusable and biodegradable products.
9.Use paper bags instead of plastic bags
10.Avoid wasting food
Commit to yourself to stick to these lines of thought and explain the people the implications of the ideology.
You can use physical posters to educate people on the importance of Nature Conservation. But, even better, use of digital posters and social media campaign can ensure a way bigger reach.
World Nature Conservation Day 2022 Theme
The Theme for World Nature Conservation Day 2022 is “Living Sustainably in Harmony with Nature”. Every year the nature conservation day assumes a different theme to touch upon a different aspect to sensitize the people.
The theme for World Nature Conservation Day 2021 was “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”. It sought urging people to work towards a sustainable planet.
30+ Insightful Quotes for World Nature Conservation Day
Quotes for great purpose like conserving Nature, should essentially decode what nature and natural resources mean to us. Quotes for World Nature Conservation Day below touch upon length and breadth of conserving Nature.
1.“The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.”- John Paul II
2. “When I’m stuck on a question, I spend some time in nature and always find my answer.” – Katrina Mayer
3. “Those who conserve and preserve nature deserve to be part of nature.” – Amol Gade
4. “Conservation is a great moral issue, for it involves the patriotic duty of ensuring the safety and continuance of the nation.” – Theodore Roosevelt
5. “If conservation of natural resources goes wrong, nothing else will go right.” – M.S. Swaminathan
6. “Caring for a tree is caring for your soul.” – Amit Ray
7. “Conservation is the state of harmony between men and land.” – Also, Leopold
8. “The Earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
9. “Be positive to nature. Save the natural resources to save the humanity and culture.” – Vijender Kumar
10. “Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men.” – Gifford Pinchot
11. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12. Environment is a gift from God, taking care of it is a return gift.” – Basit Nisar Lone
13. “The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem, it will avail us little to solve all others.” – Theodore Roosevelt
14 “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased, and not impaired, in value.” – Teddy Roosevelt
16. “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.”—Robert Swan
17. “Only if we understand, will we care. Only if we care, will we help. Only if we help, shall all be saved.”— Jane Goodall
18. “Choose only one master—nature.” — Rembrandt
19. “The earth has music for those who listen” —William Shakespeare
20. “If you are not an environmentalist, you are either selfish or ignorant” —Andwar Bundini M.D.
20. “As we progress into the twenty-first century, anyone who considers themselves a realist will have to make the environment a top priority.” —Leonardo DiCaprio
21. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”—Albert Einstein
22. “I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.” – Aldo Leopold
23. “If you live in harmony with nature, you will never be poor; if you live according to what others think, you will never be rich. — Seneca, Letters from a Stoic”
24. “I wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
25. “I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.” —Frank Lloyd Wright
26. “Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.”— Albert Einstein 27. “If you can’t be in awe of Mother Nature, there’s something wrong with you.”—Alex Trebek
28. “The sea, the great unifier, is man’s only hope. Now, as never before, the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat.”—Jacques Cousteau
29. “The environment is everything that isn’t me”—Albert Einstein
30. They say the sea is cold, but the sea contains the hottest blood of all, and the wildest, the most urgent. —D. H. Lawrence
31. “Men argue. Nature acts.” – Voltaire
32. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of each.”—Henry David Thoreau
33. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘”This is what it is to be happy.’” — Sylvia Plath
34. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.”—Lao Tzu
35. “How sad to think that nature speaks and mankind doesn’t listen.” — Victor Hugo
36. I go to nature to be soothed and healed and to have my senses put in order. —John Burroughs
37. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
38. Leave the road, take the trails. —Pythagoras
10+ Status & Slogans for Nature Conservation Day
Slogans for World Nature Conservation Day serious call for the real spirit of World Nature Conservation Day. Without a healthy environment and a well-working ecosystem, life will cease to exist on earth. And, hence conservation of existing natural resources and bio forms is paramount. Just have a look
(I) Don’t let Mother Nature become a “Once Upon a Time”.
(II) “On Earth, there is no heaven, but plenty of pieces of it in the form of nature.”
(III) Save the trees, save the Earth, we are the guardians of nature’s birth.
(IV) Nature is our best friend.
(V) Join us in saving nature.
(VI) Save nature and nature will save your life and future.
(VII) “Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.”
(VIII) Plant trees, save nature, save the world.
(IX) “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”
(X) Take a stand to save trees!
(XI) “Mother Nature – Militarized, fenced in, poisoned – demands us to take an action.”
(XII) Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle are ways to save nature.
(XIII) Cut the greed, not the green!
(XIV) “Let’s nurture nature so that we can build a better future.”
(XV) Never let your greed overcome with green.
Frequently Asked Questions on Nature Conservation Day
Ans: “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet” was the theme for World Nature Conservation Day 2021.
Ans: World Nature Conservation Day is observed by spreading knowledge about conserving the environment and natural resources to keep the world healthy and safe. And by educating people to utilize natural resources wisely.
Ans: World Nature Conservation Day is celebrated to promote the importance of conserving our natural resources and create awareness of the management and utilization of natural resources.
Ans: There is no exact date when was first World Nature Conservation Day observed. But it is celebrated on July 28 to spread awareness about the importance of a healthy environment.
Beyond Nature Conservation Day Under Awareness Reads
- History and significance of Pi Approximation Day?
- Exciting Quotes & Theme of Word Chess Day July 20
- Quotes and Theme of World Biofuel Day August 10
- The Quotes & Theme for World Paper Bag Day, 12 July
- Slogans Quotes & Theme for World youth skills day 15 July