Updated October 18, 2022
MD in Homeopathy full form Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathy is a three-year post-graduate degree program in alternative medicine offered by many universities in India. The course is regulated by the Central Council of Homeopathy, which includes a year of house insurgency and the remaining two years of research and study.
A homeopathy is a form of alternative medicinal practice developed in the late 1700s. It is generally based on two primary principles: “like-cures-like” and “law of infinitesimals.” The former suggests that a substance that causes disease symptoms in healthy people can cure similar symptoms in sick people, and the latter indicates that the more diluted the substance, the more potent it is.
MD in Homeopathy Course Details
Tabulated below are the major highlights of the MD in Homeopathic course. So, Checkout below to learn about the program at a glance.
|Course Name||MD in Homeopathic|
|Full-Form||Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathy|
|Course Duration||Three Years|
|Examination Pattern||Semester Wise|
|Minimum Eligibility||BHMS degree from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination followed by counselling session|
|Average Course Fee||INR 2K to 1 Lakhs Per Annum|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 10 Lakhs Per Annum|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Hospitals, Pharmacies, Clinics, Research Centre, Colleges etc.|
Different MD in Homeopathy Specializations
There are seven different specializations offered in the MD homeopathy course, and these are listed below.
- MD Homeopathy in Pediatrics
- MD Homeopathy in Repertory
- MD Homeopathy in Psychiatry
- MD Homeopathy in Endocrinology
- MD Homeopathy in Practice of Medicine
- MD Homeopathy in Homeopathic Pharmacy
- MD Homeopathy in Organon of Medicine and Homoeopathic Philosophy
MD in Homeopathy Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the doctor of Medicine in Homeopathy Program, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- Candidates aspiring to pursue the course must have completed a BHMS degree or its equivalent, as determined by the Central Council of Homoeopathy, with a minimum aggregate score of 60% from a university recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- They should have also completed the prescribed internship on or before the deadline for application submission alone to be eligible for admission.
M.D. in Homeopathy Admission Process
Admission to the course is strictly based on an entrance test followed by counseling sessions conducted by respective colleges/universities. Various entrance tests at the both State and national levels are conducted to grant access to the program. Here, we have listed the essential steps in the program’s admission process.
- Candidates need to apply and appear for the relevant entrance exam of the program, such as NEET, etc.
- They need to secure the minimum cut-off marks specified by the university, based on which a merit list is prepared.
- After the conduction of entrance, the qualified candidates are invited for the counseling session.
- And at last, admission seats are allotted based on the candidates’ overall performance.
Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathy Syllabus
The MD in Homeopathy is a one of the Alternative Medicine Courses that last about three years, out of which one year is for house insurgency, where the candidates have to stay on the campus and get the training, and the remaining two years are for research and study. This course encompasses six terms, with each semester lasting for six months and students go through various essential topics while studying the MD Homeopathy course. Below is a semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus for the program.
|Semester I||Clinical Investigation|
|Psychology – Applied|
|Biochemistry & Biophysics|
|Physiology – Applied & Clinical|
|Anatomy- Applied & Clinical Aspects|
|Integration of mentioned above subjects|
|Miasmatic Correlations & Understanding of Susceptibility|
|Bacteriology & Virology|
|Pathology (Structural Alterations in Disease)|
|Patho- Physiology (Functional Alterations in Disease)|
|Semester III||Research Methodology & Statistics|
|History of Medicine, Logic & Philosophy|
|History of Medicine, Scientific Methodology including |
Research Methodology & Statistics
|Semester IV||The Man in Health (Holistic Concept)|
|The Man in Disease (Holistic Concept)|
|Semester V||Organon of Medicine with Homoeopathic Philosophy|
|Practice of Homoeopathy in Medicine, Surgery & Obs/Gyn|
|Training & Placements|
Top MD in Homeopathy Colleges/Universities
Colleges/Universities in India that offer MD in Homeopathy courses are in Significant Numbers. Listed below are some of the leading in India for the Doctor of Medicine in Homoeopathy program.
- Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Andhra Pradesh
- Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, New Delhi
MD in Homoeopathy Career Prospects
MD in Homoeopathy is a career-oriented field of medical science. After pursuing the program, candidates can explore lucrative employment opportunities in colleges, hospitals, clinics, research centers, etc. Some popular job profiles offered to the postgraduates in this discipline are listed below.
- Public Health Specialist
Salary after MD in Homeopathy Course
The average salary offered to the postgraduates of the discipline ranges from INR 3 to 10 Lakhs Per Annum, depending on the field of specialization, job profiles, and experience. Here are some of the popular job positions after MD in Homeopathy with salaries offered.
- Consultant:- INR 8 to 9 Lakh Per Annum
- Pharmacist:- INR 2 to 4 Lakh Per Annum
- Homoeopath:- INR 3 to 5 Lakh Per Annum
- Lecturer/Professor:- INR 4 to 7 Lakh Per Annum
- Public Health Specialist:- INR 7 to 9 Lakh Per Annum
FAQs on Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathy Course
Ans:- After pursuing the MD in Homeopathy program, candidates can be designated with the position of Medical Officer or a Doctor at various government and private homeopathic hospitals. The career avenues for the postgraduates of the discipline don’t end here; various job opportunities are also available for them, depending on their specialization. Professionals can also start up their clinics and practices.
Ans:- Yes, of course, after completing BHMS, you can opt for MD in homeopathy. Because the minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing MD in homeopathy is a BHMS degree or its equivalent, as determined by the Central Council of Homoeopathy, with a minimum aggregate score of 60% from a university recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Ans:- After BHMS, you can explore various MD courses like MD in Homeopathy and different specializations. Listed below are the specialties that can be pursued after a Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery.
· MD (Hom) Psychiatry
· MD (Hom) Pharmacy
· MD (Hom) Allopathy
· MD (Hom) Paediatrics
· MD (Hom) Materia Medica
· MD (Hom) in Endocrinology
· MD (Hom) Practice of Medicine